Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Our First Adventure with our RV



Well, the first part of our trip was to Spokane for our first summer camp since having kids.  For some reason we never once got out the camera to take a picture, we kept leaving it in the RV!  I apologize for that.  We had a wonderful time at camp fellowshipping with our best friends and get built up, it was so great seeing everyone and I miss them all terribly.  Sissy also had her 3rd birthday there and still no pictures, for shame!  But she did enjoy a delicious chocolate cake, melted icecream (did I mention it was about 90 the whole time there), and princess presents that made her day.  After enjoying ourselves with all the saints we kept going east to northern Idaho to Farragut State Park in Athol, ID ( and yes you should say that city out loud it will put a smile on your face).  I was one of the nicest campsites we've ever stayed at, so I highly recommend it if your ever in that area. We spent one day relaxing which we weren't able to do until then, and the next day headed to Silverwood Theme Park!  It was loads of fun and were there from open to close.  We started off the day taking what we though would be an innocent little train ride (refer to pictures), but had a staged sheriff and bandits.  Seems like innocent fun to you and me, but to sissy, it was no laughing manner.  When the sheriff got knocked out and bandits came to rob the train we were playing along but sissy was taking it a little too seriously, saying "I don't want to put my hands up!" or "I don't want them to shoot me!"  It took a lot for her to figure out it was all pretend, poor little sissy.  After that it was nothing but smiles, lots of rides, playing in the water and cotton candy.  When they closed we ended the day eating at a great steakhouse, going back to the RV and crashing!  Our last day was spent with old friends at a beach house, so ruff.  The next morning we woke to power outages and rain (time to get out of here), we packed up and drove for 11 straight hours with only a lunch brake to stretch out those legs.  After driving past forest fires and a crazy wind and rain storm (not ideal for driving an RV we found out) we got home for bedtime and flopped to our beds!
Fun at Farragut State Park





Silverwood Train Ride


The "Bandits"




3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Now this sounds like an adventure for sure!!
    I've heard about Silverwood theme Park! I totally want to go with the kids - maybe next summer we will plan for a day there after camp! Love the pics too!! We have to see you guys again this summer! Big news to share!!!!

    Love you sister!
    Courtney:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this AND the fact you started a blog!! Congrats, you'll enjoy it, and so will I!
    xxoo, B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a great family time! Excited to read more...love Michelle

    ReplyDelete